Who's the Boss? You + Products to Match Your Needs!
Commercial Auto, General Liability, Workers Compensation, and Group Health
Welcome to our one-stop-shop for all the insurance your business requires. Whether you're 2 or 200 or more, we have the products required with the hands-on expertise needed to navigate them. Explore more of our offerings below and don't hesitate to reach out for a quote to get your questions answered on all our products for Businesses:
As a business owner, you need the same kind of auto insurance you would need for your personal car -- liability, collision and comprehensive, medical payments (AKA personal injury protection), and coverage for uninsured motorists.
Whether you need to buy a business auto insurance policy will depend on the kind of driving done at work. A good insurance agent will ask you many details about how you use vehicles in your business, who will be driving them, and whether employees are driving their own cars for your business.
While the major coverages are the same, a business auto policy differs from a personal auto policy. Contact us to explain all the differences and options.
Pro Tip: If the vehicle is owned by the business, make sure the name of the business appears on the policy as the "principal insured" rather than your name. This will avoid possible confusion in the event that you need to file a claim or a claim is filed against you!
Unfortunately for every business owner, the chances of getting sued have dramatically increased in the last decade. If you have a personal umbrella liability policy, there's generally an exclusion for business-related liability. General Liability Insurance can prevent a legal suit from turning into a financial disaster by providing protection in case your business is ever sued or held legally responsible for some injury or damage, like bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury on your business premises or arising from your operations. Below are some possible products for your company's liability insurance needs:
- Bodily Injury including the cost of care, the loss of services, and the restitution for any death that results from injury
- Property Damage for the physical damage to property of others or the loss of use of that property
- Products-Completed Operations provides liability protection (up to your policy's limit) if an injury ever resulted from something your company made or service your company provided
- Products Liability is a more specialized product liability insurance that protects your company against lawsuits from product-related injury or accidents
- Contractual Liability extends to any liability you may assume by entering into a variety of contracts
- Other coverage includes: Reasonable Use of Force; Borrowed Equipment; Liquor Liability; Non-Owned Vehicles (such as aircraft and watercraft); Fire, Lightning or Explosion Damage; Water Damage Liability Protection; Legal Defense Costs; Medical Payments; Personal Injury; Advertising Injury; and specialized liability protection for specific business types.
Workers compensation laws were created to ensure that employees who are injured on the job are provided with fixed monetary awards. This eliminates the need for litigation and creates an easier process for the employee. It also helps control the financial risks for employers since many states limit the amount an injured employee can recover from an employer.
Workers Compensation Insurance is designed to help companies pay these benefits. Most states require that employers carry some form of Workers Compensation Insurance. Even in non-mandatory states, it can be a very good idea, particularly if you have many employees, or if they are engaged in hazardous activities. Say it with me... these policies are not health insurance; they're designed specifically for injuries sustained on the job.
Do I even need workers compensation insurance?
Employers have a legal responsibility to their employees to make the workplace safe. However, accidents happen even when every reasonable safety measure has been taken. Workers compensation insurance covers workers injured on the job, whether they're hurt on the workplace premises or elsewhere, or in auto accidents while on business. It also covers work-related illnesses. It provides payments to injured workers, without regard to who was at fault in the accident, for time lost from work and for medical and rehabilitiation services. It also provides death benefits to surviving spouses and dependents. Check your state's rules, but guaranteed protecting yourself, your business, and your employees will never be underrated.
How do you attract good talent? A good work environment, a clear mission for your business, and good benefits. We work with small to large sized businesses get health insurance and other products to help their people stay healthy and happy. Head over to our Health Insurance page for more information on our products and services. Feel free to reach out to one of our specialists below for the products on this page: